This post is a little bit late due to some technical difficulties, but finally I present...Andrew's birthday party!
Andrew was having a pretty big September at work due to a pending promotion (that we had to keep a secret from everyone!), and was at the same time struggling with the fact that he was becoming an official 30-something. That was my cue....wife to the rescue! I thought a big ol' birthday party was in order so we invited all of our friends over for a Mexican fiesta (since all we have access to is Italian unless we cook something else ourselves, and let's be honest, we're SO over a pizza party around here).
On the menu: enchiladas, steak and chicken taco bar, rice, beans, chips, guacamole, margaritas, cervezas...you get the idea. I've never thrown a party for 25-30 people before (let alone have that many ever show up!) but turns out we have a pretty good amount of friends here, who like eating and drinking just as much as we do! Throwing a party around here is a little more difficult without the help of a COSTCO, Target, or Party City...but with some lists and a few stops at a handful of stores all over town I think it's safe to say we pulled off an AMAZING party!
Here's where I start dreaming of an American-sized kitchen. We had to cram people in a few at a time...luckily everyone was okay with eating in shifts!
Khristine and Peter
Joe and Nicole
Marshall (the true hit of the party) and Heather
Me and the birthday boy (who is sporting a birthday beard)
And here's where it all gets silly.
Tequila time!
At first glance this looks like a nice picture of Matt and Andrew....keep an eye out for the "props" in the background.
Classic Terry! (right Chad?)
Oh look, Matt took the spear off the wall.
REASON #28 why having an African spear in your house is NOT a good idea at any age.
I'd like to think that this last picture is a true testament to that fact that we threw an excellent party.
Birthday Boy, out.
Happy birthday Andrew! And Congratulations on your promotion at work! Drinks are on you next time :)


Yeah, drinks on Andrew (as opposed to "in" Andrew)! Well, that looked like a blast and I'm pretty sure ALB has one awesome wife.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little nervous about that spear now. I think I might have nightmares about it. Please don't bring that back to the states... ever.
Happy B-Day, Andrew! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Wish we could have been there!
ReplyDelete