So it's been brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in while (thank you for the friendly reminders, Andrew & Nikki!)...and yes, it's been about a month! Reason being, we really haven't been up to much lately! We spent an entire month at home, travel-free, which was nice and allowed us to finally get into the swing of "real life" around here. But since we haven't done too many constructive activities, here's a rundown of what we HAVE been doing:
Andrew....
...has been working like CRAZY....a far cry from the office he was at in San Diego. Poor guy leaves by 6:15am and gets home usually around 5:30pm, what a day!
....got nearly 10 shots this week in preparation for his 2-week trip to Djibouti and Bahrain. I guess a couple sore arms are better than catching and bringing home malaria or yellow fever or something crazy like that.
...has been looking for a second car, a "Naples" beater, so that we can drive around town and park wherever we want without worrying about the hoodlums that like to break windows on American cars. (this is also a GREAT thing so that I can be able to leave town during the week and go farther than my walking can take me!)
...finished up his soccer season on the NATO team.
Erin....
...has been cooking. A lot.
...has been assembling gear to tackle "weed city" aka our little backyard. It is completely run-over with weeds, dandelions, clovers, cactus (seriously), sticks, you name it. Ugly. This will have it's own before and after blog, stay tuned for that in the next couple of weeks. I'll be channeling my Mom's gardening skills on this one!
...is almost finished with two months of P90X. It's hard, it's six days a week...and I love it! It's nice to be able to exercise even though I can't get to the gym everyday. And even though I haven't lost any weight yet (damn!) I'm pretty sure I have lost inches, which I guess is a good trade off.
...stalking my friend's blogs to keep up on the latest and greatest at home :)
...has been taking advantage of nice, sunny weather when I can. They weren't kidding when they said that it rains a lot during the winters here, and my God the wind that comes with it is incredible, especially up on the hill we live on! So on those days that aren't so windy and cloudy, I get my butt out of the house and go for a long walk through town!
...has started to look for a job (bleh!). The life of a housewife was fun for a while, but I'm getting bored and miss interacting with people during the day. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for...just something to get me out of the house! (the other option here to "keep me busy" is to get a dog, which is my vote, but I'm trying to be realistic about that...we'll see ;)
Together...
...we are looking into coming home to the US in May for my cousin's wedding. With Andrew's work schedule and crazy flight costs (early summer rates! Boo!) we're keeping an eye out for the best time to come home!!
...working on planning a trip with some friends here in May for the long weekend. The group is looking at Amsterdam, maybe Belgium. Either way, I haven't been to either of those places yet so I'm looking forward to it!
...we are making friends. New ones, who like the same things we like, and are always up for going to dinner, traveling, and just hanging out.
...we are getting ready for our very first visitors, MY PARENTS! They'll be here on April 4th and staying for two weeks, and I couldn't be more excited! We're planning a long weekend to Rome, maybe a day trip to Tuscany, and a bunch of Naples-area activities. I'm counting down the days!
That's about it! Keep an eye out for Project Weed City, and finally a virtual tour of our house (long overdue!)...
Awwwww FUN!!! We miss you and want to see you. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteBELGIUM is my vote! Amazing beer!
ReplyDeleteAmsterdam! haha....brownies.....
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, they have great chocolate covered waffles they sell on the street for all the pot heads.
So great to hear what you guys have been up to! You definitely need a visit to Amsterdam AND Belgium at some point so either one will be a fun trip. A belgian favorite of mine...the ridiculously delicious cherry beer.
ReplyDelete