Sorry for the blog hiatus! We've had a bit of a busy October and I completely forgot to blog about our week in Germany! As soon as we returned, I headed to California for a few weeks and have totally neglected my blogging duties...sorry. Time to catch up!
So the week of October 4th Andrew and I took a trip to Germany, with big plans to see some friends in Stuttgart, make one last visit to Omi's house in Heidelberg, and hit up Oktoberfest on our way home. We packed it all in, ate and drank WAY too much, but had a great time! Here's some pictures from what I'll call "Germany Part 1"...
**As far as meeting our friends in Stuttgart for the night, we did, however none of us thought to take a picture while we were at dinner. But as always, we had a great time visiting our friends Brian & Clare and meeting the infamous Toby (their new dog!).
On Tuesday of this particular week, we jumped on the train and headed to Heidelberg where we would meet up with Andrew's Mom and hang out at Omi's house one last time before the property was sold. I love being able to head down to the walking street and look around at all of the shops, and of course get our fill of snitzel, bratwurst and Weizen beers! And the Fall colors in Germany were unbelievable! The great weather and beautiful scenery made our trip even that much better!
Heidelberg - Day 1
Out for a delicious dinner in Heidleberg....
With Andrew's Mom....
Yay yummy German food!
Heidelberg - Day 2
We didn't have many plans for the day, but Andrew's Mom told us that we were heading out to the countryside with some of their cousins to a place where they used to spend some of their summers. Come to find out, Andrew has some relatives that own a brewery! Right up our ally!
We even got hooked up with a brewery tour to see where the actual "brewing" takes place. The tour was in German so I was a little lost with the translation, but we got the gist of it.
I'm pretty sure this is a view of the hops that rise to the top of beer barrels. Kinda smelly, but it makes for some great beer!
Andrew's Mom, Karin, hanging out after the brewery tour with Hiltrude (one of the cousins).
NEXT POST - The remainder of our Heidleberg visit, in pictures!
FOLLOWED BY - Stuttgart Volksfest!
No comments:
Post a Comment